1st PAERIP workshop (Cape Town - Nov. 11, 2011)
Attended by over 50 African and European delegates, the first PAERIP workshop aimed at promoting and enhancing African-European cooperation on Research Infrastructures, with a specific focus on FP7 instruments and other similar initiatives.
Main objectives will be to:
· Raise awareness on the PAERIP project objectives and activities
· Share lessons and experiences on research infrastructures
· Unveil early PAERIP findings on the analysis of existing research infrastructures in Africa
· Form partnerships and create synergies with relevant stakeholders and similar initiatives
· Create a platform for policy dialogue on research infrastructures
This workshop (held under the aegis of the European Commission) has been organized by DST with the support of Sigma Orionis and all PAERIP Consortium Members.
The PAERIP Workshop has been designed as a side event to the “4th Euro-Africa Cooperation Forum on ICT Research” (Nov. 14-15, 2011 - Cape Town ICC), organized by the EuroAfrica-ICT EU-funded project under the aegis of the European and the African Union Commissions. More…
Karine Valin (karine.valin AT sigma-orionis.com)
Takalani Nemaungani (takalani.nemaungani AT dst.gov.za)